The reference staff at Blue Hill Library is here to help! Have a question for our reference department?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 207-374-5515 ext. 11
We help people:
- Get items from other libraries
- Connect to local services and organizations
- Learn to use online databases to find journal and newspaper articles
- Much, much more!
Online services to access from home
Marvel is a collection of databases available free to all Maine residents. It includes journal, magazine, and newspaper articles. Marvel also has a full-text online version of the Encyclopedia Britannica, business and health resources, the Value Line Investment survey and special databases just for kids.
If you need help using Marvel, call the library at (207) 374-5515. In order to use Marvel from home, you will need to set up a free user account from the Marvel homepage.
MaineCat is a statewide catalog. To request an item you find on MaineCat:
1) click here (or visit http://mainecat.maine.edu).
2) Find the desired item, click on REQUEST THIS ITEM
3) On the next screen, submit BLUE HILL PUBLIC LIBRARY as your home library
4) Enter your name and 14-digit library card # (with no spaces), click SUBMIT and you're done!
5) We will contact you when the item arrives at BHPL
If the item you are searching is not in MaineCat, or if you wish to have us conduct a search for you, please email email@example.com or call the library at (207)374-5515.
Have questions about our reference services? Please ask us. You may also read our reference policy.